Having a home wedding can be the most special place to have a wedding. It could be at your parent’s home where you grew up and always dreamed of getting married near the tree you used to climb as a little kid, or at your aunt’s new vacation home that’s been newly remodeled and has a chic look. Or it could at a rented estate in a neighborhood you love to take walks nearby. There are a lot of options when we talk about home weddings, and it doesn’t matter how big or how small the area is, you can adjust your wedding day to accommodate what works best for what you envision. Here are some of the pros and cons to having an at home wedding:
- Choosing to hold your wedding at a home can be very intimate for you and your guests.
- You have complete control so you can save money by bringing in the right vendor to match your style, personality, and budget.
- You can design your wedding day exactly as you want.
- You will be the only one getting married at that location on that day.
- You have more time to set up for the wedding day which is a huge advantage to vendors and will save you money since you will not have to pay for same day delivery fees, which can be expensive.
- No site fees (unless you’re renting a place).
- Depending on the location, you may not have to end your wedding at a certain time.
- You can save on decorations since the home can be beautiful without all of the extra touches.
- Having an at home wedding will be a memory you and your family will cherish forever.
- There may be noise ordinances so you have to end your wedding at a certain time.
- You may have to get certain city permits depending on the details of your wedding.
- You have to bring in all of the rentals, such as tables, chairs, china, etc. which can be costly.
- You may need to rent a generator depending on the electrical situation.
- You may need to rent port-a-potties.
- Space may be limited so you may have to shift your guest count depending on what can work in the area you have.
- Parking may be limited so you may have to transport all of your guests to and from the wedding.